IQC - The ISO Pros
of Central Falls, RI & ISO 9001 Experts
Have you ever wondered how the process or the procedure of First Article Inspection (FAI) happens? What do companies and organizations really need from it? Does it involve unfinished goods and articles, too?
Herewith us at IQC – the ISO Professionals, you will be able to acquire and obtain all the information you would need when it comes to the AS9102 standard – and we will be with you every step of the way.
Contrary to popular belief, FAI is not something that is required by all companies, institutions, and organizations from all over the globe. As a matter of fact, it is something that’s optional, but there are some organizations strict about it.
Furthermore, many people have believed that FAI is only applicable to finished goods only; however, that is not the case. In fact, FAI also applies to assemblies and unfinished products. Should there be changes within a sub-component or with a particular finished good, then a new session of FAI shall be conducted and completed to evaluate the changes as well.
In the event that you still don’t get what FAI is, you can bank and count on us here at IQC – the ISO Professionals. Not only would we conduct and perform FAI to whatever your goods and your products are, but we will also help you how you can have the skill and the knowledge to conduct it, too.
The First Article Inspection Report (FAIR)
Upon the completion of an FAI, a report or documentation shall be made. This will serve as the proof or the evidence that an FAI has been completed comprehensively and that it underwent the raw and real processes.
In a typical sense, the contents of the FAIR would usually include, but not limited to, the following:
- Part Number
- Part Description
- Customer PO Number
- Functional Test Results
- Actual Physical Characteristics Measured
- Material or Process Reviewed
- Revision Levels
- And some more
Should you want to know more information about what things are included in the FAIR, IQC – the ISO Professionals is just one call or one email away. Never will you have any type of sort of problem when you choose to work with us – it’s going to be a complete and comprehensive training and implementation session.
What is FAI For?
FAI is important and is considered as a relevant process not only because it enables companies to have a view of what the products’ real qualities are, but also because of:
- It can be helpful to set sanctions and corrective actions should a company fail to observe and abide by FAI regulations;
- FAI documentation can offer information about what companies need to know; about what parts and components need what; and
- FAI implementation can help businesses and organizations sustain and develop processes and production in a timely manner.
IQC – the ISO Professionals will be the only company you will ever need if you need further help and assistance!
We service multiple cities throughout the state of Rhode Island. We provide all the services listed below and more in every city.
If you don’t see your city listed, don’t worry. Just contact us by giving us a call or filling out the form, and we’ll dive deep to discover what are the best solutions for you and your business. See our areas of service:
With IQC – the ISO Professionals, you’ll get all of the information and the proper training that you need to go on with the industry you are in! Here are the ISO Standards we can help you with:
- Asset Management ISO 55001
- Automotive Core Tools
- Automotive IATF 16949
- Body Armor BA 9000
- Capability Maturity Model Integration
- Counterfeits AS6081
- Energy ISO 50001 and SEP
- Environmental ISO 14001
- Ethical Sourcing SQFI
- Facility Management ISO 41001
- Food Safety Modernization Act FDA FSMA
- Food Safety ISO 22000
- Forestry SFI ATFS
- Gluten-Free Certification
- Info Security ISO/IEC 27001
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations, ITAR
- IT Service ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Laboratory Accreditation ISO 17025
- Medical Devices ISO 13485
- Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- Packaging ISO 15378
- Quality ISO 9001
- Responsible Care RC14001
- Supply Chain ISO 28000
- Telecommunications TL 9000