Food Safety ISO 22000
IQC-The ISO Pros
Ensuring the safety of the food that we eat and consume should be our top priority. As consumers, we never want the food we consume not checked and assessed by the appropriate teams and departments who are skilled in checking the quality and the overall condition of it. Food Safety or the ISO 22000 is the standard that is known globally that is directed towards ensuring the quality of the food that is distributed is at its best and most excellent standard.
ISO 22000 vs. Food Safety Management Systems Certification
How is ISO 22000 different from other Food Safety Management Systems? Aren’t they just the same thing? Not quite; ISO 22000 is the certification or the program that does not have or bare a certain or a specific set of checklists for Prerequisite Programs (PRPs).
What it requires, however, is that an organization must be able to:
- Identify the programs set out by the standard; and
- Implement all the needed and the most appropriate programs
What this does is it allows companies, businesses, organizations, and corporations inclined in the food industry to have more flexibility and diversity needed so that they’ll be prepared to implement programs that would lead towards ISO 22000 Certification.
The ISO 22000 Standard
ISO 22000 is the standard that readies and sets out requirements for a food safety management system, it also tackles the companies, corporations, and organizations that can get the certification to it.
The standard is what enables companies and bodies of organizations need in order for them to prove that they’re able to control and plan out food safety hazards so they can ensure that the food they distribute is safe for consumption and for use.
Using the ISO 22000 Standard, allows companies, organizations, and corporations to be known by the industry to have safety and precautionary measures in having a food safety management system.
Who Can Get an ISO 22000 Certification?
Technically speaking, all companies who operate under food and food consumption can get the certification for ISO 22000. This goes from large farms, food distributors, food processors, manufacturers, and retailers.
ISO 22000 Requirements
If ISO 22000 is not a world-renowned standard, what requirements does it ask from companies and corporations who wish to see certification? Some of the requirements that are relevant and essential for certification include:
- A Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Plan (HACCP) that’s developed to identify, distinguish, prevent, and fully eliminate food safety hazards;
- Effective PRPS to be put in place to make sure that a certain environment is clean, hygienic, and sanitary; and
- An established written report of FSMS processes that would manage food safety throughout your organization.
Since the ISO 22000 standard would require documented Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) processes, that particular category would require some set of standards too including, but not limited to:
- Updating and improving the current FSMS;
- Following the principles of the HACCP;
- Developing an emergency plan;
- Implementing PRPs;
- Holding and gathering people for meetings that have the main goal of FSMS performance evaluation;
- Having an overall Food Safety Policy that would be specific for your organization; and
- Many More!
There are a lot of auditing organizations that you can find anywhere on the internet. However, if you wish to work with the best, the most certified, and the most experienced, then there’s no other company that you need to work with than us here at IQC – the ISO Professionals. In the industry, we’ve been considered and deemed by all our clients as the most trusted and the most dependable, providing a whole wide range of services to them.
Our Food Safety Certification
Unlike other auditing companies who would not dive into further detail about ISO 22000, the auditors and the experts that we have here at IQC – the ISO Professionals would go deep into the realms of certain principles in relation to the FSMS.
This will give you the peace of mind that you’re not working with a regular company – you’re working with an auditing organization who is adept and skilled at what they do.
How We Can Help You
The services we offer are not just limited to the regular and the normal training, auditing, and certification – we go deeper in understanding what our clients want and need. Our expertise and skill exceed the regular expectation of our clients, making the process a bit longer, but the effects would overall be better and more advantageous.
Through the ISO 22000 Training, Auditing, and Certification that we offer, you can count on us to help you understand what they all mean without confusing you. The ISO 22000 Program that we offer combines the characteristics and the overall elements of the HACCP and the ISO 9001 to ensure that the framework of the development is at large.
Benefits of Certification
Certification, in any way, is not required by contractors, or even the government. However, it’s a good platform for you to show and project the importance of the industry to your company. As a matter of fact, here are some of the benefits and the advantages that you can get from the Food Safety ISO 22000 that we offer:
- Win more clients and businesses because of the effectiveness and the efficiency of your work;
- Increase and develop customer experience and customer satisfaction;
- Be compliant with the rules and the regulations of the state;
- Be recognized not just locally, but globally as a reputable and a supplier that contributes well to the market;
- And many more
In case you’re wondering whether or not this certification is for you, don’t think twice. Getting the certification might be a challenge for you and your organization at first, but it’s going to be beneficial for you in the long-run.
Find the best and the most perfect experience in Auditing, Training, and Certification with us here at IQC – the ISO Professionals and never worry about Food Safety and Management Training and Certification again!
With IQC – the ISO Professionals, you’ll get all of the information and the proper training that you need to go on with the industry you are in! Here are the ISO Standards we can help you with:
- Asset Management ISO 55001
- Automotive Core Tools
- Automotive IATF 16949
- Body Armor BA 9000
- Capability Maturity Model Integration
- Counterfeits AS6081
- Energy ISO 50001 and SEP
- Environmental ISO 14001
- Ethical Sourcing SQFI
- Facility Management ISO 41001
- Food Safety Modernization Act FDA FSMA
- Food Safety ISO 22000
- Forestry SFI ATFS
- Gluten-Free Certification
- Info Security ISO/IEC 27001
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations, ITAR
- IT Service ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Laboratory Accreditation ISO 17025
- Medical Devices ISO 13485
- Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- Packaging ISO 15378
- Quality ISO 9001
- Responsible Care RC14001
- Supply Chain ISO 28000
- Telecommunications TL 9000